1. Ways = Kebiasaan 2. Which = Yang 3. Such = Seperti itu 4. Effort = Usaha, upaya 5. Satisfy = Karya 6. Wants = Ingin 7. Concerned = Prihatin 8. Satisfaction = Kepuasan (hati) 9. Various = Bermacam, berbagai
Employed = Mempekerjakan
Engage = Mengikutsertakan, menjalankan
Theoritical = Teoritis
Consulting = Konsultasi
Bulletins = Buletin
Often = Sering
Wears = Memakai
Forecast = Ramalan
Revenues = Pendapatan
Gains = Kemajuan
Compute = Menghitung
Firms = Perusahaan
Operate = Beroperasi
French = Orang Prancis, bahasa Prancis
Especially = Teristimewa
Those = Itu
Comfortable = Nyaman
Assured = Terjamin
Paychecks = Gaji
Fringe = Golongan pinggir
Prefers = Lebih suka
Flair = Bakat
Risktaking = Pengambilan risiko
Growth = Pertumbuhan
Measured = Telah diperhitungkan
Regarded = Menghormati, dihormati
Rather = Cukup
Ladder = Tangga
Tycoons = Taipan
Exercise 1. Study the meaning of the following words, then use them to fill in the gaps: monitor, check, and control.
I’ve Check the documentation and everything is in order.
Inflation has not gone away but it is under Control.
We constantly Monitor the situation and if anything goes wrong we take action immediately.
We apologize for the delay which is due to reasons beyond our Control.
Economists Monitor prices, compute total output and perform other useful tasks.
Exercise 2. Choose the words with similiar meaning from two columns and arrange them in pairs.
1. Cost (n) = Expenses, outlay (P.1, line 6); Meaning : Biaya – biaya, pengeluaran.
2. Monitor (v) = Control, manage (P.3, Line 2); Meaning : Pemantauan, pengamatan, mengendalikan, mengatur.
3. Flair (n) = Skill, Talent, Inclination (P.4 Line 5); Meaning : Bakat, kemampuan, kecendrungan.
4. Entrepreneur (n) = Employer (P.3, Line 4); Meaning : Wirausaha, karyawan.
5. Forecast (n) = Prediction (P.3, Line 1); Meaning : Ramalan, prediksi.
6. Provide (v) = Supply, Equip, Outfit (P.2, Line 3) Meaning : Menyediakan, melengkapi.
7. Job-setting (n) = Place of Work (P.2, Line 1) Meaning : Pekerjaan, tempat kerja
8. Liable (a) = Responsible (P.5, Line 4) Meaning : Dapat dikenakan, besar kemungkinan, bertanggung jawab
Exercise 3. Complete the sentences using the words given below.
Liable means having the qualities that are needed to succeed as an entrepreneur.
An Entrepreneurial is a person who sets up business and business deals.
A Tycoon is a person who is successful in business and so has become rich and powerful.
The industry will have to pass its increased Distribution on to the consumer.
The management will Provide accommodation, food and drink for thirty people.
He has always been Self-employed for his children.
The Costs of the job include a car and free health insurance.
He won’t Qualify as an economist until next year.
An individual hoping to start up a new company needs to have entrepreneurial Flair or talent.
Unfortunately Forecasts of higher profits did not come true.
Economists are concerned with the production, Distribution and Consumption.